MANCHESTER, NH – We’re almost there! With only 1o days to go until Christmas, we’re still counting down, and still Crowdsourcing Christmas.
Click here to catch up on events and activities, last-minute gift ideas, favorite songs to download, etc. Feel free to add your events, gift ideas and favorite songs, movies and cookie recipes using our simple form.
Below is a list of events coming up you won’t want to miss.
- Polar Express Party at Manchester Public Library: Dec. 15, 11 a.m. in the Winchell Room. Climb aboard for a magical visit to the North Pole – train ride games, music snacks and craft. Ages 2-5. Registration required. Call 624-6550 ext. 328.
- Pet portraits with Santa: Dec. 15. Mall of New Hampshire, last chance to get that classic shot with Fido and St. Nick, 6-8 p.m.
- What is the Meaning of Christmas? Dec. 15. Book discussion, Brookside Congregational Church, 2013 Elm Street 6:30-8 p.m.
- Make a Gingerbread House: Manchester City Library, Dec. 16, 3:30 p.m., appropriate for kids in kindergarten through second grade, in the Winchell Room. Call 624-6550, ext. 328 to register.
- “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” Dec. 17, 1 p.m. Winter movie Wednesday at the Manchester City Library featuring this Christmas classic and the further adventures of the Griswold family, with Chevy Chase.
- Chunky’s FREE Little Lunch Date Double-feature for preschoolers and their grownups, Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer/Frosty the Snowman., Dec. 17, 11:30 a.m., 12 p.m., 12:30 p.m.
- Downtown Holiday Market: Dec. 18, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Intown Manchester’s annual indoor holiday bazaar, 1000 Elm Street at the Brady Sullivan Plaza. This is your last chance to shop locally and find that special gift for that special someone.
- Holiday Classic Storytime at Barnes & Noble, Dec. 19, 7 p.m., 1741 South Willow St., featuring holiday classics such as “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” and “The Night Before Christmas.” Kids, come in your PJs for stories and fun.
- Handel’s ‘Messiah’: Dec. 19. 7:30 p.m. St. Joseph Cathedral chapel, 145 Lowell St., classic music to celebrate Christmas, presented by The Cathedral Choir.
- The Nutcracker: Dana Center at Saint Anselm College, 100 Saint Anselm Dr. Ballet Misha presents its 6th annual production of “The Nutcracker” on December 20 at 1 and 7 p.m., and on December 21 at 1 p.m. $20 advance/$25 at the door.
- Live Nativity with Animals at Brookside Congregational Church: Dec. 21, 2013 Elm St., 4-4:30 p.m.- dramatic presentation of the Christmas story; 4:30-5 p.m. hot chocolate in Manning House; 5-5:30: dramatic presentation of the Christmas story. Free (donations accepted.)
- Community Singers Christmas Caroling: Dec. 21, St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, 7 p.m.
- Santa’s Big Party: Charmingfare Farm, 774 High St., Candia. Last call for the annual Santa-themed outdoorsy Christmas village. Dec. 20, 21. $19 per person (kids under 23 months free).
- Photos with Santa at the Mall of NH: Every day through Dec. 24.