LONDONDERRY, NH – Fifteen ladies in the New Hampshire beer industry are brewing up something special this month. The New Hampshire division of Pink Boots Society Boston chapter will release a collaborative brew with local women of the craft beer community for PBS’s 2018 Collaboration Brew Day.
The state of New Hampshire is home to more than 70 breweries, seven of them represented in this collaborative brew as well as a distributor, and two supporting organizations.
The ladies gathered at the 603 Brewery in Londonderry on March 2 for the first NH collaborative brew. This is one of 220 registered global collaborative brews happening this March, to coincide with Women’s History Month. The international event was created to raise the profile of women’s roles in the beer industry.
These women joined forces to create Damsel No Distress. This brew is a Belgian-style ale with a super session ABV of 3.8 percent. Think it’s an odd ABV … well … 3/8 is International Women’s Day!
Damsel No Distress will be available for sale at the 603 Brewery tap room, located at 12 Liberty Dr, Unit 7, Londonderry, on March 22, 2018.
The NH beer industry professionals who created Damsel No Distress are:
- Tamsin Hewes – 603 Brewery
- Morgan Kyle – 603 Brewery
- Stephanie Raymond – 603 Brewery
- Kaitlin Smith – 603 Brewery
- Kerri Runge – 603 Brewery
- Krysta Boisvert – 603 Brewery
- Emily Coole – Ithaca Beer Co
- Emily Johnston – Schilling Beer Co
- Judi Clark – Smuttynose Brewery
- Chelsea Dennis – Bellavance Beverage Co
- Sadie MacLean – Stoneface Brewing Co
- CJ White – New Hampshire Brewers Association
- Renee Vannata – BrewNH
- Ali Leleszi – Rockingham Brewing
- Stacie Allard – Henniker Brewing Co
All proceeds from NH division’s purchase of the “Pink Boots Blend” hops from YCH hops (Palisade, Simcoe, Mosaic and Citra hops) will benefit the PBS scholarship fund. More information about Pink Books Brew Collaboration Day can be found here.