Biden’s NH lead has shrunken slightly, says NHIOP

Sign Up For Our FREE Daily eNews!


GOFFSTOWN, N.H. – On Thursday, the New Hampshire Institute of Politics (NHIOP released a poll showing President Donald Trump closing the margin on former Vice President Joe Biden, even if Biden’s lead is still outside the margin of error.

In the poll, which surveyed New Hampshire likely voters between Oct. 23 and 26, Biden still leads, 52 percent to 44 percent. This is down from a 53 percent to 41 percent lead in early October.

Among New Hampshire likely voters, Biden leads among women (56 percent-41 percent) and men (48 percent-47 percent) with a clear lead among younger (58 percent-38 percent) and older (59 percent-39 percent) voters, and is tied (48 percent-48 percent) with voters aged 35-64. Biden’s overall edge is provided by greater polarization among Democrats (96 percent-3 percent), winning undeclared voters (52 percent-40 percent) and picking up 11 percent of Republicans. Biden leads 76 percent-22 percent on ballots already cast, while President Donald Trump leads 52 percent-44 percet among voters who have yet to vote.

In other races, Governor Chris Sununu has expanded his lead over New Hampshire Senate Majority Leader Dan Feltes from 58 percent to 35 percent in early October to 60 percent to 35 percent now, with the poll showing Feltes losing 14 percent of Democrats to Sununu.

U.S. Senator Jeanne Shaheen also holds comfortable lead against Republican challenger Corky Messner (54 percent to 39 percent) as does Second Congressional District Congresswoman Annie Kuster, with Kuster leading Republican challenger Steve Negron, 54 percent to 40 percent.

First Congressional District Incumbent Chris Pappas has a tighter race against Republican challenger Matt Mowers, now leading 49 percent to 44 percent.

A full copy of the poll’s results can be found below.

About this Author

andrewsylvia

Andrew Sylvia

Assistant EditorManchester Ink Link

Born and raised in the Granite State, Andrew Sylvia has written approximately 10,000 pieces over his career for outlets across Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont. On top of that, he's a licensed notary and licensed to sell property, casualty and life insurance, he's been a USSF trained youth soccer and futsal referee for the past six years and he can name over 60 national flags in under 60 seconds according to that flag game app he has on his phone, which makes sense because he also has a bachelor's degree in geography (like Michael Jordan). He can also type over 100 words a minute on a good day.