The NH Primary season is in full swing and as such, local campaign events are plentiful. Candidates send out lots of news updates including planned appearances, endorsements and fundraising news. In an effort to keep voters up to speed we’ll be generating a weekly round-up of the news that we receive. Look for Primarily NH every Wednesday. If you are working with a campaign and have news to share, send it to email@example.com, subject line: Primarily NH.
BONUS: Original cartoons and column logo by Manchester’s favorite editorial cartoonist, Peter Noonan.
Candidates in range this week
- Bill Weld at Pembroke-Allenstown Old Home Day (Sat 8/24, 1 p.m.)
GREATER MANCHESTER & NASHUA
- Gov. Jay Inslee at St. A’s Concord Coalition forum (Thurs 8/22, 5 p.m., RSVP)
- Gov. Jay Inslee Merrimack water issues roundtable (Thurs 8/22, 2 p.m., RSVP)
- Mayor Pete Buttigieg Nashua town hall (Fri 8/23, 6:30 p.m., RSVP)
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar Nashua house party Sun 8/25, 1:30 p.m., RSVP)
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar Bedford Dems (Mon 8/26, 4:45 p.m., RSVP)
- NH Dem Party Convention – NHDP expects all candidates (Sat 9/7, 9 a.m., TICKETS)
Trump supporters swarm the city
With much fanfare and little disruption, President Trump arrived in the Queen City to a huge crowd of supporters who filled the SNHU Arena to overflowing.
You can catch up on our coverage with the following collection of stories:
- LETTERS: Trump rally a ‘love fest’ for president who’s kept his promises to America
- Police make three arrests around Trump event
- Notes from the rally: I didn’t go for the politics
- For those who didn’t make it into the Trump rally, it was still a great night to be an American
- Trump draws thunderous cheers at Manchester rally
- I am a minimum wage worker who set up Trump’s stage
- A Trump lover and a Trump hater meet at a rally…
- Trump faithful camped out and ready to rally
- Trump rally at SNHU Arena, and putting a price tag on city’s security
Jill Biden represents, confabs with teachers at Bookery
Jill Biden, former Second Lady and wife of Democratic candidate for president, Joe Biden, stopped by The Bookery in Manchester, among other New Hampshire stops this week. She met with a group of teachers representing several districts around the state. Read our coverage here.
Healthy debate with Gillibrand
Mental healthcare policy was the topic of interest Tuesday as Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand led a panel discussion in Manchester at Amoskeag Health. Gillibrand talked about legislation she’s championing to address the issue of funding mental health initiatives, and solutions to as medical school debt forgiveness for mental health professionals who set up their practice in areas with limited access to other mental health professionals. Read more here.
Klobuchar appears with Mayor Craig
U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar was in town earlier this week to stump for fellow Democrat Mayor Joyce Craig, while reinforcing the importance of leadership to her base, as she works to single herself out in a crowded field of presidential hopefuls. Read the story here.