MANCHESTER, NH – Be inspired when the 5th Annual TEDxAmoskeagMillyard event releases the power of positive energy Nov. 14 at Southern New Hampshire University.
This year’s theme is “Evolve,” brought to you by a dozen average human beings with a collective of extraordinary experiences and stories to share.
You’ve heard of TED Talks video and live speakers (for technology, education and design), which are devoted to “Ideas worth spreading,” a way of sparking discussion and encouraging connection.
This is a local spin on that same big idea – only local, self-organized events that are branded TEDx, where the x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized by a team of vibrant southern NH individuals. This fall’s daylong event, held at Southern New Hampshire University, features 12 diverse speakers, including:
Nadia Alawa, mother and humanitarian aid activist
- Trent Bell, photographer and artist
- Brittany Bergquist, young philanthropist and nonprofit founder
- Marty Boldin, addiction scientist and community activist
- Anneliese Clark, mother and medical cannabis advocate
- Daniel Faggella, tech CEO, author and speaker
Rick Fiery, serial entrepreneur and champion of non-traditional business owners
- Cara Griffith, traumatic brain injury survivor and advocate
- Katiti Kironde, designer and humanitarian
- Conrad Mandsager, global social service leader and mentor
- Leaf Seligman, writer, teacher and minister
- Steve Zanella, designer, writer and mindfulness advocate
Tickets may be purchased at TEDxAM15. Your ticket provides you with access to the all-day live event featuring all speakers and performers, along with lunch, a swag bag and the option to attend a networking event following the event. There are a limited number of tickets available, and the event is anticipated to sell out quickly.
TED is a nonprofit organization, and TED Talks are short (usually 18 minutes or less) talks delivered by leading thinkers and doers. Many of these talks are given at TED’s annual conference in Vancouver, British Columbia, and made available, free, on TED.com. On the national stage, TED speakers have included Bill Gates, Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Gilbert, Sir Richard Branson, Nandan Nilekani, Philippe Starck, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Sal Khan and Daniel Kahneman.
You’re one click away! Sign up for our free eNewsletter and never miss another thing