Senior Companion volunteers receive an hourly stipend and mileage reimbursement that does NOT effect financial or housing assistance. This role is a great way for seniors to stay active, give back to the community and make a little bit of extra money.
Senior Companions provide services to seniors and disabled adults who are home-bound. During visits, Senior Companions engage those they visit, playing cards, board games or simply going for a walk. During weekly visits, Senior Companions can also transport seniors for errands, appointments and social outings. Senior Companions also provide weekly respite to caregivers.
- Ages served: Volunteer Companions must be 55 or older.
- Income guidelines: Contact us for income guidelines
- Geographic area: Belknap, Grafton, Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham, Strafford, Sullivan counties
- Program cost: None
- Other requirements: Those receiving friendly visitation must be home-bound, not able to drive
- Volunteer opportunity for adults aged 55 and older meeting income requirements
- Provides respite for caregivers
- Provides support for home-bound adults
- Visits are available Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Senior Companion Program provides friendly visiting, support for trips into the community such as lunch, activities, shopping, and appointments
- Companions do not provide housekeeping or personal care.
For more information contact Kathleen Stuart, Program Coordinator NH Senior Companion Program Community Action Program, (603) 225-3295 x1114.