3 seriously injured in wrong-way crash, traffic on Everett Turnpike diverted for med-flight helicopters

State Police say a Hudson man driving the wrong way on the Everett Turnpike suffered life-threatening injuries, and two others were med-flighted to Boston hospitals.

Sign Up For Our FREE Daily eNews!

Rescuers at the scene of a wrong-way driver crash on the Everett Turnpike early Sunday morning. Photo Credit/Jeffrey Hastings, Frame of Mind Photo

NASHUA, NH – Three people were trapped in the wreckage of a wrong-way driver crash early Sunday morning.

According to New Hampshire State Police, on April 23, 2017 at approximately 2:45 a.m., Troopers from State Police Troop B Barracks and members of the Nashua Fire Department were dispatched to a reported head-on collision with a wrong-way driver northbound on the F. E. Everett Turnpike, just north of the Massachusetts State line in Nashua.

Upon the arrival, State Police personnel discovered three occupants entrapped within two separate vehicles. The operator of the vehicle traveling the wrong way was identified as Juan Osorio Marin, 23, of Hudson.

Osorio Marin was semi-conscious and appeared to be suffering from life threatening injuries.  Osorio was cut from the wreckage by the Nashua Fire and Rescue crew and then transported to Lahey Clinic in Burlington, Mass. His vehicle, identified as a silver 2017 Toyota Camry, sustained significant damage and was towed from the scene.

The operator and passenger of the vehicle struck by the wrong-way driver were also extricated from their vehicle by Nashua Fire and Rescue. A medical helicopter was requested to respond to the scene to assist. Both the driver and passenger were flown by two separate DHART Medical Helicopters to Tufts Medical Center in Boston and U-MASS Memorial Medical Center in Worcester for life-threatening injuries. Their vehicle, identified as a black 2002 Honda Accord, sustained significant damage and was towed from the scene.

The northbound side of the F.E. Everett Turnpike was restricted to one lane of travel for approximately two hours and completely shut down for approximately 40 minutes while medical helicopters landed at the scene. Traffic was able to bypass the accident scene by diverting off of Exit 1 and reconnecting with the F.E. Everett Turnpike north of the scene.

This case remains under investigation and anyone with any information about this incident is asked to call Trooper D. Roger at (603)223-4381.

About this Author