3 pets saved from Taylor Street house fire

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Firefighters give CPR to a corgi at the scene of a fire on Taylor Street. Photo/Jeffrey Hastings

MANCHESTER, NH – Fire crews rescued three pets from a two-story single family home Thursday afternoon.

A cellar fire caused extensive damage to the basement and smoke damage throughout the home at 165 Taylor St.

 


There were no occupants home at the time of the fire, however, fire department crews rescued three animals (two dogs – a corgi and a black lab, and one cat). The corgi was unresponsive and revived at the scene by fire department and ambulance personnel. The cat received oxygen and responded right away. The black lab did not appear to be suffering any symptoms. All three pets were transported via ambulance to the emergency veterinary clinic.

Damage was estimated by Manchester fire officials at $40,000.

Support Local News! Send Money!