Photos by Becky Fields
MANCHESTER, NH – Twenty members of the Youth Leadership Academy were honored with certificates from Mayor Ted Gatsas during a recent ceremony held at City Hall.
Class members included 18 students and two adult members. Students who attend Manchester high schools will receive credit toward their graduation requirements for completing the program.
Dinebari Adumene (Memorial), Alexandra Ayala (Central), Jacqueline Dipietro (Memorial), Timothy “Daley” Frenette (Trinity), Christopher Fadula (Memorial), Tirzha Georges (Memorial), Michael Hugle (Central), Razvan Ionescu (Memorial), Carl K. Jean Baptiste (Central), Mirza Kruscica (Webster), Jacob Lacroix (Central), Brendon Lewis (Central), Abdulla Mahdi (McLaughlin), Anel Rasimovski (Central), Luan Sanches (West), Theodore Sarette (Bedford), Sabrina Olivera Sotole (home schooled), Madeline Zapata (Central). Adult class members: Nancy Dorner and Anela Kruscica.
About Youth Leadership Academy
Youth Leadership Academy is a program of the Manchester Police Department’s Community Advisory Board targeting young men and women between the age of 15-21.
The purpose of the program is to educate participants in the following areas:
- Concept of diversity and appreciating differences
- Diversity of Manchester population
- History of the city of Manchester New Hampshire
- Judicial System Law Enforcement (Manchester Police Department, Federal Bureau of Investigation, etc.)
- Community Policing Community resources and services
- Importance of education
- Youth Services
- Community engagement
- Basic leadership skills
- Graduates would be good role models for their peers, and prepared to assume future leadership role in the community
- Classroom activities (15 hours) mostly held at Manchester Police Department
- Tour of Manchester Police Department
- Visit to Manchester Circuit Court that includes presentations by prosecutors and a judge
- Additional activities such as visits to Police Athletic League and WMUR TV station
- Providing students with publications relevant to curriculum contents
- Engaging students in informal social gatherings
- YLA is held twice every year, and the plan includes continued education and activities after graduation.
For more information about the Youth Leadership Academy contact Nabil Migalli at email@example.com.
You’re one click away! Sign up for our free eNewsletter and never miss another thing