2 injured at McDonald’s after early morning fryolator fire

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

MANCHESTER, NH – A fryolator fire at the South Willow Street McDonald’s early Saturday resulted in two people being injured, an employee and a customer.

On Dec. 30 just before 2 a.m. an employee on duty at the fast food restaurant called 911 to report one of their fryolator units was on fire. Although the fire was quickly extinguished and contained to the fryolator and the hood above it before firefighters arrived, there was some smoke damage throughout the restaurant. 

An employee and a customer were injured – the employee suffered smoke inhalation and was transported to a local hospital, and the customer who assisted the employee suffered burns to his hands and was evaluated at the scene.

Manchester District Fire Chief Michael Gamache says the restaurant was instructed to remain closed until repairs to the suppression system can be made.

About Carol Robidoux 5783 Articles
Journalist and editor of ManchesterInkLink.com, a hyperlocal news and information site for Manchester, NH.