CONCORD, NH – A June 12 conference will focus on the needs of NH veterans in trouble with the law at the Grappone Conference Center in Concord. It is the state’s first such conference, billed as a Justice Involved Veterans Conference.
Information will be provided on how jurisdictions might begin to develop interventions to better serve veterans. Among the presenters, Diane Levesque, Veteran Justice Outreach Coordinator at the Manchester VA. In her work she often advises veterans who find themselves involved in legal issues, most typically for behavior often tied to combat-related trauma, including PTSD, that can lead to legal trouble.
The conference is organized by the NH Justice Involved Veterans Task Force and sponsored by the NH Department of Health and Human Services.
WHAT: Justice Involved Veterans Conference
WHEN: Friday, June 12, 2015 8:30 a.m.- 4:15 p.m.
WHERE: Grappone Conference Center, 70 Constitution Drive, Concord
· The Honorable Gillian Abramson, Associate Justice, NH Superior Court
· Major General William Reddel, Adjutant General, NH National Guard
· Matthew Friedman, Ph.D., Former Director, National Center on PTSD
· Nancy C. Bernardy, Ph.D., PTSD Mentoring Program Director and
Associate Director for Clinical Networking, Geisel School of
Medicine and National Center for PTSD
· The Honorable James Leary, Justice of the 9th Circuit Court – Nashua,
· Diane Levesque, Veteran Justice Outreach Coordinator, Manchester VA
· The Honorable Chief Justice Jeanne E. LaFazia, Kent County Veterans
· The Honorable Mary Hogan Sullivan, First Justice, Dedham District
Court, MA, Director of Specialty Courts, District Court Department
· The Honorable Pamela Woodcock Pfeiffer, Rhode Island Veterans Court
· Justice Involved Veterans