1 man dead, child rescued, in Amherst Street fatal fire

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Photo gallery from fire at 305 Maple St., credit Jeffrey Hastings

A man’s lifeless body was pulled from his apartment following a fire Oct. 22 that also left a small child trapped in the adjoining apartment. The girl was rescued and did not suffer any injuries.

Crews arrived to 305 Maple St. within about a minute of receiving at least eight calls from neighbors reporting the fire, said Manchester Deputy Chief Michael Gamache.


No official cause of the fire has been released, but it is not suspicious, said Gamache, who notes in the above video interview that the man was a smoker and also had some known health issues.

The man’s name was not released Wednesday. More information is expected following an autopsy, Gamache said.

About Carol Robidoux 5454 Articles
Journalist and editor of ManchesterInkLink.com, a hyperlocal news and information site for Manchester, NH.